Statement by DEISI International Founder and President, Rev Kenneth Meshoe, MP
DEISI International joins millions of Christians around the world who are celebrating Yom
Yerushalayim, Jerusalem Day with our Jewish and Israeli friends. Jerusalem Day
commemorates the reunification of the city of Jerusalem 51 years ago when Israeli control
was established over the Old City, East Jerusalem in the aftermath of the June 1967 Six-Day
As we celebrate this day, here are a few important facts to remember:
• for more than 3,000 years, the Jewish people have looked to Jerusalem as their
spiritual, political and historical capital;
• throughout history, Jerusalem has never served as the political capital of any other
nation except the Jewish nation;
• in 1004 BC, King David declared Jerusalem the capital of the Jewish kingdom;
• King David’s son, King Solomon, built the first temple in Jerusalem as a holy place to
worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob;
• the first temple was unfortunately destroyed by the Babylonians in 597BC. The
Babylonians also forced the Jews into exile;
• 50 years later the Jews rebuilt the destroyed temple; it was then known as the
• the word ‘Jerusalem’ is mentioned over 660 times in the Bible!
DEISI International confirms the Biblical, historical, moral and legal fact that Jerusalem is the
eternal, undivided Capital of the State of Israel. It is important for Christians to recognize
that they cannot reject Jerusalem as belonging to the Jewish people and the nation of Israel
without rejecting a fundamental aspect of their faith.
DEISI International also applauds President Donald Trump for his courageous decision to
move the US Embassy to Jerusalem, the capital of the State of Israel. Following his
courageous decision, various countries including Guatemala, Honduras and Paraguay have
confirmed that they too will move their embassies from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by the end of
May 2018. We all on African nations to follow suit.
Friends, may we heed the warning the prophet Zechariah gave in Zechariah 2:9
destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
May God bless you and your families as you take a stand against those who seek to destroy Jerusalem and Israel. May He cause you to prosper as you pray for the peace of Jerusalem and seek her good.